Multiwall paper bags are often used as shipping and storage containers as well as packaging bulk materials. In many cases, design and production artists can create and adapt multiwall bags that work for your specific needs, from a utility approach that simply identifies your product, to the more difficult task of grabbing the consumer’s attention at the point of sale. There are several designs of bags: sewn, open mouth bags (manufactured at Oren International) and valve bags, and variations thereof.
Sewn Open Mouth Bags
A sewn, open mouth bag is a tube of paper plies with the bottom end sealed. The bag is filled through the open mouth and then closed by stitching. Custom printing is available.
- Open on one end and sewn shut on other
- Can be re-opened so that product can be stored and remain protected
- Typically 2 ply's of natural or bleached kraft paper
- Varying openings and lengths
- Optional printing for greater effect or to custom brand contents
- Approved by the USPS, UPS, an FedEx for shipping
- Blueprints and rolled paper items
- Shipping long, thin items
- Dry bulk material packaging
Valve bags have both ends closed (pasted) and are filled through a valve.
- Closed bag
- Designed for high speed filling through a valve on spout packers
- Biggest benefit is top performance wherever high speed filling processes are used, as well as protection properties
- Optional liners where moisture protection is needed
- Bleached or natural paper
- Cement bags
- Building materials such as plaster and dry mortar
- Pet food
- Animal feed, seeds
- Chemicals, minerals
- Detergents, granulates
Multiwall bags are made up of at least several layers of paper products to include inner ply and a printed external layer. Some have a polyethylene foil or polyethylene coated paper layer in between as a vapor/grease repellent protective barrier.
At Oren, we produce a wide variety of Sewn Open Mouth mutiwall bags. We also supply the “accessories” that go into making a multiwall valve bag. Contact us to find out more about Oren’s components for creating multiwall bags.